The PMI Lakeshore Ontario Chapter invites volunteers to join us!
The success of our Chapter is primarily due to those members who volunteer their time and experience. Volunteering is key to making the Chapter's vision a reality, providing membership value, while having fun.
There are many benefits to volunteering with the PMI Lakeshore Ontario Chapter.
- You can earn PDUs for volunteering with the PMI Lakeshore Ontario Chapter that can be used to maintain existing PMI credentials.
- You make a difference in the PMI Lakeshore Ontario Chapter by helping your fellow members and the Project Management professional community we serve.
- You learn new project management skills in the process as well as have the opportunity to share your knowledge and experiences.
- It's a great way to meet new people in your profession and to network!
- Develop a global service record maintained by PMI Global that is recognized and accepted worldwide.
- Be recognized for your valuable contribution in promoting PMI’s goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the PMI Lakeshore Ontario Chapter and assist in streamlining the chapter’s processes and advancing exciting new initiatives.
On behalf of Project Management Institute, we thank all of our volunteers for their hard work. Check out this video from our friends at Global Headquarters.
If you would like to volunteer for Chapter positions as they become available, our Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS) makes it easy to search for volunteer opportunities, not only at the local Chapter but throughout the world. To get started, log in and visit VRMS to find volunteer opportunities that interest you.
If you’re new to VRMS, check out the VRMS Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
1. What is the Expected Time Commitment for Volunteers?
Our volunteer opportunities generally require on average two hours of active participation (effort) per week. Some weeks may require more but, overall it should be about two hours of effort per week.
2. What is the expected term for a volunteer position?
Most positions will require a commitment of at least three months, but we hope for a one-year commitment. Details are usually available from the volunteer posting.
3. How many hours do I get for volunteering?
Check out PMI’s site for current details on the number of PDUs you can earn for volunteering with the PMI Lakeshore Ontario Chapter.
4. Can I apply for a position on the Board?
Election details are posted in September each year. Check out this Elections link for more details.
Project Control Officer - VRMS Posting ID: 28927
Project Cost Controller Officer (PCCO) - VRMS Posting ID: 29412
Reach Us for Other Opportunities
Looking to Volunteer with PMILOC? Reach us at [email protected] if there are no available positions on VRMS.