Call for Presentations
2020 - 2021 Professional Development Series
Call for Speaker Recommendations!
Are you really passionate about some aspect of project management? Do you have a business process or best practice in your workplace that you would like to share with the PMILOC members? Have you heard a speaker recently at a conference or on a webinar who really inspired you? Want to earn some PDUs in the "Giving Back" category? If your answer to any of the above is 'Yes', then we need to hear from you!
The Chapter is always looking for informed, thoughtful, inspiring speakers. If you would like to speak yourself, or want to recommend another person, please send an email with the name of the potential speaker - yourself or someone else - the presentation topic, and when you heard them speak (if applicable) to: [email protected].
1Hour Presentation, 4 Hour Saturday Workshop or Virtual Webinar Format
We welcome your proposal to present at a PMI Lakeshore Event for the following formats:
- 1-Hour Presentation as part of our Networking/Professional development evening events. These attract between 50 to 100 professionals from information technology, finance, engineering, construction, government, telecommunications, and other industries.
- 4-Hour Seminar for our Saturday morning half-day workshops. These seminars draw between 75 to 150 individuals from a similar range of businesses.
Attendees are primarily from our membership of over 2200, approximately 70% of whom are PMI certified Project Management Professionals (PMP).
We are one of the fastest growing PMI chapters in Ontario and have representation from many of the largest companies in Southern Ontario. The speakers and their presentation topics are advertised on our website and in the notification e-mails that are regularly sent out to the membership.
This is an opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with project, program and portfolio management professionals.
Topics must fall under the PMI Knowledge Triangle.
- Each submission must be for a specific topic and for one of the two categories (1 or 4 hour).
- You may provide multiple submissions.
- The chapter reserves the right to accept or reject any submission.
- You must use the following documents for your submission.
Email your completed submissions to: [email protected]
Note (1): Your presentation shall not be a sales pitch for any specific product or service but rather informative and/or educational.
Note (2): Speakers certify that their presentations are unique material, and that they have the legal rights to deliver the presentation.
Thank you for your interest in the PMI Lakeshore Ontario Chapter Professional Development Series.