Procurement Project Risks Management - Public & Private Sector (C193-210225-DAM-PR)
Procurement Project Risks Management - Public & Private Sector
Virtual Online 2 Day Program - 13 PMI PDUs - Technical Project Management
February 25 & 26, 2021, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, EST Both Days
Everyday Project Managers are called upon to lead complex, high value projects, often involving outsourcing or contracting significant portion of the project. It is a known fact that Procurement and Contracting are an integral part of any significant project considering that no single firm can conduct everything in-house. For example, any large-scale Construction project would have several hundred contractors and sub-contractors involved in the execution of Project objectives.
With globalization and free trade agreements and interdependencies on the rise, more and more organizations are relying on outsourcing the significant portion of the Projects to achieve cost saving, expeditious completion of the project, by the rules and within the allocated budget. Therefore, it is fair to assume that regardless of the scale of the project, outsourcing risks plays an integral part in Project Risk Management for variety of purposes including, cost reduction, faster project completion, confidentiality and security issues. This workshop is to identify potential outsourcing risks related to Projects and provide practical tools and strategies to mitigate those risks.
Being a Project Manager, if you answer "Yes" to any of the below questions, then you should consider attending this virtual interactive workshop.
- Are you involved in a Project which has an outsourcing component and always wondered how to navigate the complex outsourcing/procurement process, policies, different procurement methods and best practices?
- Do you want to fully understand your roles and responsibilities while managing the project sub-phase, i.e. Procurement, which involves outsourcing activities and hiring consultants, contractors, engineers, general contractors?
- Are you responsible for developing a Request for Proposal, writing specifications, Scope of Work, establishing evaluation Criteria, responding to supplier questions, and evaluating suppliers Proposals?
- Do you want to learn about various procurement methods and ways to select the appropriate method from the planning stages?
- Do you want to know ways to accelerate the procurement process and get a head start with your project timelines?
- Do you want to manage your contracts on time and within the budget effectively?
- Do you want to fully understand the contract/ agreement which you use to manage contractors?
Project managers are often responsible for developing a Request for Proposal / Tenders and collaboratively work with Procurement professionals to manage different phases of Procurement from planning, tendering, evaluating, agreement, award, vendor debriefing, managing contractors and subcontractors, architects and engineers and closeout activities.
This workshop is critical now more than ever as it is designed to address all facets of procurement project risk and provides practical advice to identify, access, avoid, transfer and mitigate the procurement challenges/risks in crisis times (e.g. Global Pandemic). How an outbreak of deadly disease happening at other parts of the world would impact your project's supply chain and how you can anticipate and address supply shortages of critical products and services.
Project Managers are often involved in Supply Chain activities, make decisions and inherit a variety of risks while managing procurement projects involving a large number of dollars. Are you aware of those risks? And should you be taking those risks?. Project management professionals who understand risks, consequences and mitigation strategies come far better than those who don't.
Who should attend:
This workshop is designed for Project Management professionals involved in Outsourcing Procurement Projects activities (procuring goods, services, construction, consulting) within the private sector and public sector organizations (Municipal, Provincial and Federal government, Universities, Hospitals, School Boards, Colleges and other government agencies) where they are directly or indirectly involved in procurement activities and influencing the procurement outcome.
- Overview of procurement stages: planning, developing the specification, selecting appropriate procurement method, managing the tendering process, evaluating bids, negotiations, contract management and closeout.
- Understanding the Contract Fundamentals, key procurement methods (Request for Proposal, Request for Tenders, Request for Information, Request for Prequalification).
- Overview of Procurement Risk Management stages
- Why is Risk management essential in Procurement Projects?
- Understanding the Risk identification types? Different categories of risk and risk owner
- Method of risk assessment
- Risk Mitigation techniques and the factors affecting the risk management strategy
- Managing procurement projects during the crisis times (e.g. Pandemic)
- Challenges of Global Supply Chain
- COVID-19 impact on Procurement projects
- Managing the Procurement project risks in COVID-19
- Case studies to apply the knowledge obtained in this workshop.
Instructor - Umesh Kalia, CSCMP, CPPO, CPPB, C.P.M., CMM II
Umesh has over 20 years of experience in managing high-value complex procurement projects both within the private and Public Sector. Currently, he is a Procurement Manager, with the City of Vaughan, Ontario and his previous procurement and management roles were within the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, City of Brampton and the University of Toronto.
Umesh is a Mechanical Engineering graduate and a Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), and Certified Municipal Manager designations, holder and completed Managing Multiple projects executive program from York University. Umesh has trained a wide variety of professionals including Project Managers on areas of Procurement Risks Management, Policy, Procurement 101, Contract Management and Vendor performance, Effective Negotiation, Writing Scope of Work and Statement of Work, Developing and Managing the RFP process, Writing Effective Briefing material, developing Business Case, Managing Mandatories and avoiding non-compliance.
Date/Time: February 25 & 26, 2021 - Virtual Online
Cost: Members: $945 + 13% HST & Non Members/Guest: $1045 + 13% HST
Registration Deadline: February 22, 2021
Cancellation Deadline: February 22, 2021
PDUs: 13 PMI PDUs - Technical Project Management
For questions regarding this program: Avinash Jham - [email protected]
$945.00 PMILOC Chapter Members
$1,045.00 Guest Ticket