T20 Project Manager: An Evolution in Relevance (C193-200530P-PDD)
T20 Project Manager: An Evolution in Relevance
Impact of PMBOK Version 6 on the Project Manager’s Profile.
Registration Closing May 27, 2020 8:00 P.M. Free Event for PMILOC Member & Guests - 10 Dollars + HST
Online Delivery - Register to attend
WebEx Link will be mailed out to registered participants
SATURDAY MEETING AGENDA
PMBOK Ver-6 was released in 2017. It redefined the role and the responsibilities of the project manager, removed, added and reconstructed many processes and, most of all, added Agile extensively in the framework. Now that we are halfway through the journey to the next PMBOK version, it is time to reflect upon what have we gained from the changes that were introduced.
This presentation goes deep into the content aspect as well the relevance aspect of these changes. We will discuss what changes had been included in Ver. 6 and how did these enhance the capabilities of the project management profession.
The presentation will focus on the following aspects:
1. The Version 6 Project Manager
2. The new second man – the Business Analyst
3. Skills needed for the PM revisited– A structured and more detailed discussion of the project manager skills
4. Processes added, dropped and redesigned – How have they impacted the role of the Project Manager
5. Project Manager’s leadership in knowledge management
What’s in it for you!
• The participants will understand the changes made in PMBOK Ver 6 and their impact on the PM’s role
• The Participants will be able to demonstrate their understanding of the support functions added in PMBOK-6 (to be provided by the organization) for the project success
• The participants will be able to better tailor their project processes in complex organizational set-up
• The participants will be able to adopt a better approach to stakeholder engagement
SPEAKER - Ravindra Singh, PMP
Ravindra Singh is the Programme Coordinator of Project Management Studies at Lambton College in North York, Toronto. He has been teaching project management to post graduate students and training professionals for PMP certification for over five years. His trainees include companies such as Microsoft and Sanofi Pasteur.
His professional experience spans 42 years in six countries and 10 corporations, including fortune 100 companies. His experience includes heading banking operations management, business analysis, quality, implementations and internet banking functions. He has managed IT projects for over 15 years.
Ravindra Singh has been a member of the PMI Lakeshore Ontario chapter since 2012.
|Date||Saturday, May 30, 2020|
1 PDU - Technical, Activity Type: Course or Training for attending this workshop).
If you have questions or comments on the event please contact the Chapter, by email at [email protected].
$0.00 Register to participate
$10.00 Guest & Other PMI Members Ticket